30 April, 2008

Coursework, Cinco de Mayo?!

I can’t decide if my classes here are more difficult than at home. I’m leaning towards easier but, frankly, its hard to say. Here's why: because next Monday is Cinco de Mayo – and even though I’m told Cinco de Mayo is a relatively minor holiday here, more akin to Memorial Day than Independence Day* - we have a four-day weekend. Only we don’t exactly, because instead of canceling classes (normally I have one class a day), they’ve moved them all up. Which means two, four-hour classes a day and that’s the kind of thing that skews survey data, right? So the jury is still out on that.

On the bright side, though, I think I’ll be heading to central Mexico with some friends for the holiday weekend. For the moment only Guanajuanto is on the itinerary but hopefully I can sell them on a little more exploring. :)
On the subject of exploration, here is Dora the Explorer, a la Saltillo:

No comments: