23 April, 2008

Egads, EGADE!

You know how it goes – as soon as you’ve commended yourself for your regularity (in this case, me for posting daily) you’ve gone and blown it. I do have a good excuse, though: classes have finally begun! So the reason [ostensibly] that I am in Mexico is finally underway and by and far it’s going pretty. I have now attended all of my classes* at least once and, well, they don’t seem so different from my classes at UF, just more expensive. I have three classes, all in English: Cross-Cultural Management, Doing Business in Mexico, and International Marketing. The first two have about twenty five people each but the last (thus far my favorite) has only seven. Because all of my classe are in English but most of the students (French, German, Dutch, Guatemalan, Colombian, Ecuadoran, etc.) speak English as a second language I am a highly sought-after commodity when it comes to group projects – and that suits me just fine. Here’s hoping for a [pleasantly] eventful semester!

Oh, and as a quick side note, here are a couple of pictures of EGADE. Although the school is said to be one of the best business schools in the world it’s hardly Ivy League – much to the contrary, it was built (with, as you can see, some more achingly modern architecture) in 1995.



No comments: