08 July, 2009

Mexican Night, or Me and My Big Mouth

When my friend William mentioned how he hadn’t eaten good Mexican food in ages I should have just let it go. I should not, I repeat, not, have reminded him that I used to live in Mexico and was not too bad at a handful of dishes. More importantly, I should not have encouraged him to put together a Mexican-themed dinner party. But, but, but barring all that even I couldn’t be foolish enough to suggest my place as the venue.

… I but I am and I did – and I don’t regret it for a second.

Last night about fifteen my best friends in Seoul travelled from far and wide – on a weeknight, no less – to break break [tortillas?] with me and although things were not exactly flawless a good time was had by all.

I made hummus and fajitas, Rob quesadillas, Rozalia eggplant dip, Sue pico de gallo, Zarate guacamole, Mike salad, and William brought just about everything else. Everyone, of course, helped drink the tequila. ^^




Check out Connie's awesome surprise cameo - I love it!

No comments: