31 July, 2008

A Swimmer’s Life for Me

Ah, so where were we? Three days later, the homesickness has abated slightly and the cold considerable, thanks in no small part to some of the most exquisite swimming holes Guatemala has to offer. Get this: day 1 was off the dock of my waterfront hostel* in the aforementioned late Izabal, day 2 was in the shadow of a seventeenth-century Spanish Castillo De San Felipe, and day 3 – the crème de la crème, I think – was of the junction of a [bitterly cold ]mountain stream and a hot-waterfall. All we amazing but the last was simply one of a kind, so when I get the chance I’ll upload the photos. In the meantime, I am water-logged and well-rested, and ready for anything. Which is good, because tomorrow I set out for Honduras.

* Which ran only $2.75 a night, I might add

No comments: