20 May, 2008

Veracruz bound?



I realized today that I've been in Mexico for almost half of my ¨alloted¨ three months and yet I had still seen very little. Okay, to be honest, I have seen quite a lot but, for example, I still hadn't seen prehispanic ruins or even a beach. Which is frankly tragedic. So I did a little research, found the northernmost examples of each in Mexico, and decided to go there. Just like that, because I can. [AMAZING, that.] All signs point to Veracruz state but that, like much of Mexico, is a bit far from Monterrey. So the plan is as simple as it is ridiculous: I leave by bus at 11pm Wednesday night (immediately after class) and return the same way immediately before my next class, Monday at 10am. To explain the other half of the above image (namely the French part), my companion for all of this will be Erwin, a francesa whose English is fortunately as good as his sense of adventure. Wish us luck!

No comments: