25 May, 2008

Life is a beach - for today at least.

You know, as glamorous as all this gallivanting about may seem to the outside observer, it's actually pretty exhausting. Okay, not really, but still - it's nice to have a break from time to time. Today's break was brought to you (that is, me) by the seaside town of Tecolutla. Let's make no bones about it: I went to Tecolutla for the beach. In fact, as the city's population barely exceeds 4,000 people, I can't imagine I could have gone for another reason. Still, the city knows how to play its strength and its beaches are magnificent.
Erwin and I checked into a pretty nice hotel directly on the beach for less than it cost me in the Monterrey hostels two months ago. No, really. The air conditioning and three pools compliment the view (below) nicely, and I can happily report we've barely moved 250 meters past the hotel's front doors in the last 24 hours. [Well, except for an extended walk along the beach, but that's an understandable exception, no?]
Life is made for days, for places, like this. We go back to [Mexican] reality via tonight's bus and tomorrow's class but for the time being I can almost feel time slow...



1 comment: