22 June, 2009

Namhansanseong: One Things Leads Into Another

After the frenetic pace of the last few weeks this last weekend was a time for somber reflection and more than a little sleep. I still found the time, however, to go with a new friend – Rozalia, who I met at Muuido – on a small exploratory hike on the southeastern side of Seoul. It was, in a word, awesome. The hike was nothing to speak of – I am quickly being spoiled rotten by Korea’s amazing mountains – but the company was wonderful and the sights were second to none. Where else could I see an ancient Korean fortress walls, freshly tilled fields, and the single most beautiful temple I’ve ever seen? This country is just full of suprises.


The Southern Gate

Because every hike needs bubbles.

What? You're just jealous.

The fields, oh my god, the fields!

Rozalia with fields.

"Rozalia, how much do you love Namhansanseong?" "This much, Frankel!"


Mangwolsa (er, Mangwol Temple)







Yep. Utter perfection.

No comments: