06 January, 2009

Starting up at The Start-up



I am, as the title of this entry suggests, just starting as the start-up. I have officially moved all of my things in - and up three flights of stairs no less - and positioned my furniture in just the right way. It is so fung shui it hurts.
Yesterday was also my first official day of work, and it mostly consisted of alternating bouts of introductions and paperwork. I am actually living with one of my coworkers, Spencer - a documentary filmmaker I will be representing and space in his house is part of my compensation - so I met him on day one, but the rest of the people I'll be working with have been trickling in for the last day or so for an official meet and greet. It's a bit overwhelming, in a way, but even the mounds of filings I had to fill out for the incorporation proceedings today were not enough to dampen my enthusiasm.

I think I am going to like it here.

EDIT: I take it back. Work is fine but I'm pretty sure I just saw my first snow fall on the horizon - everybody run!

No comments: