11 January, 2009

Out of the Valley (and out of the blue)

So tomorrow is my birthday but because I have work, today is my present to myself - and it has the makings of a perfect day.

Here's the checklist:
Gallo Pinto breakfast.
Delicious!

Clear weather.
Added bonus, it snowed yesterday - which is thrilling for me but terrifying for my car.


Hiking
To the Poconos and back for a mid-day, waterfall-laden jaunt to Hawk Falls which was six shades of awesome.




Surprise Bonus: Folk and Indian Music!
Living in Allentown I have come to expect the former but not the latter - much less the two back to back on the local NPR station. Let me tell you, friends, nothing makes driving through empty, snow-covered country roads seem as magical as a tabla and sitar accompaniment. Way to go, WDIY.

PS For those of you surprised by my sudden, northern reemergence, worry not: I finally have the internet again and will fill in the blanks accordingly.

No comments: