02 November, 2009

Seoul Scavenger Hunt 2009



It's amazing what you can do with a little free time and enthusiasm. Take the above image - the best I can do with my limited graphic design abilities - or the event itself as an example.

See, it was my friend Matt's idea but my execution.

By the way, this is Matt (on Halloween, at least):


Have a beer on a bus.


But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The idea was simple.
1) compile a list of things you can only see or do in Korea;
2) find or complete them;
3) take pictures (for proof - and later botched political campaigns).

Here are some sample items:
- Convince a stranger to do the "Sorry Sorry" dance with you.
- Fish market costume contest.
- Walk into a hagwon* and insist on signing up for English lessons.
- Give away "free hugs"

* Private English Academy

The event itself was hysterical. Althought only about fifteen people turned out because of the rain and cold (damned weather!), we all still managed to have a blast.

Here are some of the highlights:

Locals dressed up for Halloween


Finish in a costume



Meet people from different countries: this Australian showed us his umbrella/didgeridoo



Relax on a couch left in the street.



Team member in a Korean traditional dress. Bonus: a male team member.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This looks so awesome! I am jealous!