01 February, 2008

Get Caught Up: The Story So Far

The reasons (such as they are) behind this blog (such as it is) keep changing and as a result I have changed - and and will continue to change - this explanation.
The latest of my little rationales is as follow:

After several years of a rewarding, if somewhat nondescript, studies at the University of Florida I finished college at age 21. I graduated with a degree in Medieval History* and, as you might expect, no prospects. So, rather than own up the facts I applied to graduate school not in History but in International Business. It was, I think, the best idea I have ever had. In the last year I've traveled to more than a dozen countries on four continents and so - as I write this in Mexico nearly a near after I began that Master's program - I can happily say my life is completely different than it was. Sure, it may still be nondescript but now, at least, it's internationally nondescript!

All the above is just my way of saying this: this a blog not so much about my life but about my travels in Mexico and beyond. My life is just as boring as everyone else's but for one year (and counting!) it has, at least something to write home about.

* No joke.

No comments: